How To Receive Salvation With Assurance That You Are Saved In Jesus Christ and Able To Connect With God
How Can I Be Saved?
Once your heart is moved by the Holy Spirit to receive salvation, you need to know how to receive it. If you’re at a place where you’re wondering, “how can I be saved?” then this short study is important to read. Then, read the verses I share in the Bible.
You’re going to learn how to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior to ensure that you have assurance of salvation from the start. It’s paramount to developing a successful Christian lifestyle. Any doubt that you’re saved will affect how you’re able to move forward with God.
Salvation is Phase I of God’s will, but there is more than the rebirth. There is Phase II of God’s will which is to live God’s Word, and Phase III, which is to live God’s purpose for your life. Go to that study now if you wish to learn about the Three Phases of God’s Will. Keep reading to prepare for salvation. If you’re worried that God will reject you, go to Can I Receive Salvation?
When you decide to make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, clear your mind of all distractions and concentrate on the gift of salvation that belongs to you through Jesus Christ.
Read over the verses below to help you prepare and have assurance of salvation. The way to receive salvation or anything from God is to look to His Word and meditate on them. Romans 10:9-10 tells us how to receive correctly.
Many people believe that if they are “nice” or “good” to other people they’ll go to heaven. However, that’s not what the Bible says. You could never do anything that is “good enough to receive salvation. Jesus died on the cross for your salvation and forgiveness of sins and then rose from the dead after three days. Because of His shed blood you are born into the family of God. Nothing you could ever do would be good enough to save you. We must look to Jesus.
Thinking that our actions will get us into heaven is just an idea or an opinion based upon human reasoning, not God’s wisdom. Meditating over the verses below will give you understanding of what steps are necessary to be born again in Christ. There is no other way.
Scripture For The Prayer Of Salvation
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV):
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Note: Before you receive salvation the Word of God by the Holy Spirit must move the human heart to believe for eternal life through Jesus Christ. Therefore, you must believe that God raised His Son from the dead in three days.
Next, confession of Romans 9 must be made to complete the process. If your heart cannot believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the reality of living your salvation isn’t possible. You can’t receive what you don’t have faith to believe. However, your heart can be changed by faith.
Whether you’re saved in a church, someone’s home or by yourself, you can have assurance of salvation whether you feel saved or not. You have to take it by faith that if you follow the Word for anything it becomes a reality in your life as you live it. But, as I’ve said, if you can’t believe it, then it won’t be a living reality for you. Use the prayer below with others or alone.
Salvation Prayer Information
Read the following information before you say the prayer below:
1. To receive salvation you must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of your life according to Romans 10:9-10. The transaction at this point is solely spiritual without physical verification. Outward appearance, personality, and intellect are the same after salvation as before.
2. The words that come out of your mouth must be backed by a belief in your heart that what you’re saying is true. If you believe in your heart what you have said, you’re saved no matter how you feel.
3. Be thankful for your rebirth, even if you don’t feel that you’re saved, believe that you are and act like it’s so by faith. You must believe without physical evidence. The evidence is in your rebirth and becoming a new man in Christ as you go from a baby state in Christ to a mature Christian.
4. Keep it simple! Just receive salvation! Don’t try to intellectually figure it out. Believe it and then begin using that same faith that brought you to Christ to receive all of the blessings that go with salvation. Those blessing are are forgiveness of sins, healing, deliverance, soundness of mind, financial and general prosperity, divine guidance, safety, protection, God’s wisdom and much more.
The Salvation Prayer
“Dear God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I admit that I am not right with You, and I want to be right with You. I ask You to forgive me of all my sins. The Bible says if I confess with my mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved (Rom. 10:9). I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for saving me! In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.”
The Benefits Of Salvation
The greatest benefit of salvation is eternal life in Christ Jesus! You are spiritually saved. Now you can connect with God daily through forgiveness of your sins! Sin separates us from God, but through salvation you can go straight to God through our Mediator, Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
All of our personal needs and wants can be realized through our salvation as well by learning about God’s blessings and receiving them by faith. They belong to all believers through Jesus Christ. However, God desires to be the center of our lives, so we must put Him first before all things.
Looking to God first refines us into a new nationality of people who are blessed beyond measure. As we apply His Word or scripture to daily living and actions, we make Jesus the Lord of our lives.
How To Receive Assurance Of Salvation Through Jesus Christ
You must have assurance of salvation or you’ll never be able to enjoy it’s benefits. Let me use an example of a sports club that offers the ability to play whatever sport a person enjoys, with the support needed to become the best at what they do.
They apply for membership and are notified that they have been accepted. The membership has also been paid by the friend who suggested they apply for membership. But, when they arrive at the club, they look through the closed gates, but never enter in because they’re not sure they’re good enough or that the friend paid the fee.
The gift to enter into the club is lost within self-doubt, so they lose the gift of membership given freely, and their ability to have a place to grow in their sport and speak with people who are serious about it as well.
The is how it is for Christians who find it difficult to believe they’re saved. They’re always in a state of disbelief. Rather than practicing God’s Word by living their salvation and enjoying success, they’re wasting their time, looking through the “gates of heaven” so to speak, wondering if they’re saved and living like the rest of the world without the benefits of God’s blessings.
Read what James 1:5-8 has to say about being in a state of uncertainty about anything:
“5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.”
We are not to be double-minded when it comes to God’s Word. We believe it and receive it!
Take salvation by faith and believe with your heart that you have it. Do both of the following below to have assurance of salvation.
1. Take by faith that you’re saved and don’t question it, just live it.
2. Transition to Phase II of God’s will by studying the Bible and beginning the process of Christian transformation. Allow it to transform your mind, body and soul to the will of God. In a short time you’ll have outward evidence that you’re a part of the family of God.
3. As you continue to grow in the Word of God, the Bible, you’ll grow closer to God. This will give you an assurance of salvation that will prevent you from ever doubting that you are saved through Jesus Christ.
Return To Free Bible Studies
Leave How Can I Be Saved? For Home Page
2024 (c) Can I Receive Salvation by Margaret Lukasik. All Rights Reserved.
The Assurance Of Salvation Study is the work of Margaret Lukasik and cannot
be copied by any means without her express written permission.