Return To: Free Bible Studies
Put God's Faith Principles In Motion
God has set spiritual principles in motion for us to receive the blessings He has provided in His Word. When we don't receive what we've prayed for, the problem lies with us, not God. So we need to learn what we're doing wrong or not doing.
In most cases Christians don't receive answered prayer because they were never taught the principles of scriptural faith and how to develop it within the human heart.
Once you've prayed the "prayer of Christian faith," you'll need to have faith to receive your request. We don't always get what we ask of God immediately in the physical realm, but in the spiritual realm, where God resides, He answers our prayers immediately.
There is usually a time element involved to receive answered prayer. However, the time it takes to receive from God depends upon how much faith you develop. So, you must develop Christian faith daily for what you want. When your faith is sufficient, then you will receive. The more faith you build, the faster your results!
If you don't understand what I've explained so far, then I suggest that you read this Christian faith study at least 2 or 3 times. It will help you grasp the kind of faith that bears witness to you each day that God is taking care of you always. If you're unsure about God's blessings, see the list below which represents a multitude of blessings.
Use The Christian Faith Study To:
1. be restored from damage done to you
2. create with God through the power of positive confession
3. live in peace and joy without guilt and feelings of failure
4. live in good health and experience divine healing
5. be intelligent and wise with good common sense
6. be protected and free from enemies
7. have great confidence and ability to accomplish all things in Christ
8. experience money growth and debt relief
Christian Faith Precepts From The Bible
GODLY FAITH DOESN'T WAVER
James 1:6-8 (KJV) 6. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
God answers prayer the moment we pray. But it's up to each of us to bring the manifestation of our requests into the physical realm by faith. James 1:6-8 says that we need to be firm in our belief that what we ask God for we'll receive. If we're not sure about what we want or if God will answer our prayers, we can't receive answered prayer.
WHAT GODLY FAITH IS
Hebrews 11:1 says that... "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Christian faith is the spiritual substance behind what we hope for and the spiritual evidence of what we believe we have based upon God's Word, but cannot yet see with our physcal eye. Our spirits bear witness that we have what we ask God for in prayer even before we have physical possession of it. This is the God-kind of faith that we need to have when we approach Him in prayer.
This truth becomes more clear when we connect Hebrews 11:1 to 1 Timothy 6:12. Fight the good fight of FAITH (the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen). Confess the "good confession" in the sight of many witnesses (being sure of what you hope for and being convinced of what you do not see so much that you aren't afraid to speak it).
1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith, lay hold on the life eternal, whereunto thou wast called, and didst confess the good confession in the sight of many witnesses.
When the answer to your prayers is not on the horizon, you need to look to Jesus and fight the good fight of faith by knowing that He has the burden of all your problems. You need to believe that God's Word is all the evidence you need that your prayers are answered when you pray.
God's Word is the evidence of things not seen, so you need to stand on that truth. It doesn't matter what those around you say or what the world is saying, you must remain firm in faith to rise above your circumstances.
You must say to yourself, "I don't care what the circumstances say, I am going to look to Jesus and fight the good fight of faith." Say this with the confidence that you must believe by faith that God will turn your difficulties into positive situations that will bless you and others.
I've been trusting God for over 30 years and I my experience is to stay firm in God always. As your faith grows, it becomes easy to know that God will never let you down. So, even if you have weak faith right now, keep trusting God and you'll get to a place in your heart of peace, knowing that God will bless you. You must stay firm with that attitude until your faith brings what God has released spriitually into the the physical realm where you are.
God is a spirit, and therefore prayer is a spiritual transaction. This is why we need faith (an intangible substance) to receive the blessings we ask God for in prayer.
John 4:24 (KJV) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
God provides for us spiritually, based upon what Christ already did for us on the cross. Our faith takes what God gives us spiritually and manifests it physically in our lives.
Here's how to develop and build your faith for receiving answered prayer or for having faith in God on a daily basis, using your personal routine. The deeper your faith, the deeper your relationship with God and the more you're able to experience Godly living.
Keep in mind John 4:24 which tells us that God is a spirit and we must worship Him in spirit and truth. You can't use your mind, emotions, or body to communicate with God. You can only use your spirit (heart). However, as your faith grows, your mind will be renewed with God's Word as you meditate upon it. Overtime your actions will begin to reflect God's Word.
How To Grow Christian Faith:
1- Meditate upon God's Word
2- Speak God's Word (scripture), hear it, act upon it
3- Remain thankful always
4- Know that you are a spirit
5- Speak positive confessions about yourself
6- Know who you are in Christ
7- Use wisdom with faith
1. For meditation, use scripture for your specific situation. Meditate upon the ones you have chosen throughout the day or at any appointed time. For this activity, you read a scripture and then mutter or think about it while you get ready for the day in the morning, while you're driving to and from work, or any time where you have a free-thinking period of time.
2. Always speak God's Words about your situation, not what you think, what others say, and what the circumstances are telling you. Your faith will grow as you make faith statements that you believe God has already answered your prayer. This will retrain your mind with God's thinking and will override the impact of your negative experiences that bring fear, doubt, and discouragement.
3. Keep the energy of thankfulness to God always present. A deep gratitude and thankfulness for what you believe God is doing for you and what He's already done will build your faith and allow God to work on your behalf. Use thankfulness as a weapon against fear and doubt. When they come to you, and they will, overcome the temptation to let these negative emotions rule your thinking.
4. Know that you are a spirit who lives in a body and who has a soul. We can only worship God in spirit and in truth (His Word) we cannot use our emotions, mind, or body to communicate with Him. We've got to approach Him on His terms. As we shift to our spirits, we are then able to develop greater Christian faith. The Word of God within us that we meditate upon will give us God's mentality --- a success mentality!
5. Speak only positive comments about yourself. God did not create you as a failure. speak only what the Bible says of you. You must let the past go and let God's forgiveness of you change your image of yourself. If you haven't already, ask God's forgiveness for whatever makes you feel badly about yourself and believe that you have received. God forgives and blots out your sins as if they never were. He loves you, despite what many people seem to believe. The only people who believe that God is hateful, don't know Him.
6. Know that you have the authority of Jesus Christ. You can do anything through Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:13), not because of who you are but because of His work on the cross. Look to Jesus and know that you are empowered in His Name to accomplish all things. You can be healed because He was resurrected from the dead to save us from sin and all that comes with it such as sickness and disease. You can have more money because He died to keep us from poverty, and anything that keeps us from living abundantly in Christ.
7. Don't be foolish about faith. If you're using faith for illness, continue with your doctor and all medications he or she has prescribed for you (as long as they're not harming you). Your faith may be too weak or small to be healed without your doctor's care. Put your faith for healing through your doctor and any medications. If you want more money, don't quit your job. Build your faith experience and let God guide you into a way to work less and make more money. Take God's lead by acting upon His guidance for you and the wisdom of His Word.
Keep these steps actively involved in your daily life so that you'll develop a God mentality. The more faith work you do, the faster your results. Keep saying that you believe you have received what you've asked from God in prayer and never believe that He will let you down. Trust Him and He will always come through for you!
Faith For Answered Prayer Tips:
1. Remaining thankful and joyful will cause God to do amazing things in your life. When it appears that you didn't get what you wanted, thank God anyway and thank Him with even more inner strength or belief that God has already blessed you. I can assure you that God will give you more. Many times we don't ask for enough or we can't see enough of the picture He has for us to ask beyond our thinking or circumstances.
2. Don't pray to change other people. We all have a free will. God can't make others do what we want. We can only ask God to work in someone's heart for change. We can't use prayer as a means of making others do our bidding to fulfill our needs. Always pray within God's will.
3. One of the best ways to increase Christian faith is to find what you want in the Bible before you pray. Use those verses to create short affirmations and say them throughout the day until you feel you faith has grown. Then say your prayer and be assured that God has blessed you with what you asked of Him. Continue in the same way until you receive! It's that easy! The hardest part for people is the "faith work," but never give up with God.
NOTE: Don't allow yourself to become discouraged when it appears that God hasn't answered your prayer. If you do, you'll keep Him from working on your behalf and you'll never prosper in life God's way.
If you would like to learn more about receiving answered prayer with more scripture and information that will get God's Biblical principles into your heart for answered prayer NOW, see below.