When you decide to make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, clear your mind of all distractions and concentrate on the gift of salvation that belongs to you through Jesus Christ.
Read over the verses below to help you prepare and have assurance of salvation. The way to receive salvation or anything from God is to look to His Word. Romans 10:9-10 tells us how to receive correctly.
Many people believe that if they are “nice” or “good” to other people they’ll go to heaven. However, that’s not what the Bible says. You could never do anything that is “good enough to receive salvation. Jesus died on the cross for your salvation and forgiveness of sins and then rose from the dead after three days. Because of His shed blood you are born into the family of God. Nothing you could ever do would be good enough to save you. We must look to Jesus.
Thinking that our actions will get us into heaven is just an idea or an opinion based upon human reasoning, not God’s wisdom. Meditating over the verses below will give you understanding of what steps are necessary to be born again in Christ. There is no other way.
Scripture For The Prayer Of Salvation
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV):
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Note: Before you receive salvation the Word of God by the Holy Spirit must move the human heart to believe for eternal life through Jesus Christ. Therefore, you must believe that God raised His Son from the dead in three days. Next, confession of Romans 9 must be made to complete the process. If your heart can’t believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the reality of living your salvation isn’t possible. However, your heart can be changed by faith.
Whether you’re saved in a church, someone’s home or by yourself, you can have assurance of salvation whether you feel saved or not. You have to take it by faith that if you follow the Word for anything it becomes a reality in your life as you live it. But, as I’ve said, if you can’t believe it, then it won’t be a living reality for you. Use the prayer below with others or alone.
Salvation Prayer Information
Read the following information before you say the prayer below:
1. To receive salvation you must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of your life according to Romans 10:9-10. The transaction at this point is solely spiritual without physical verification. Outward appearance, personality, and intellect are the same after salvation as before.
2. The words that come out of your mouth must be backed by a belief in your heart that what you’re saying is true. You’ll either believe immediately that you’re saved or you’ll need to use faith. However, if you believe in your heart what you have said, you are saved no matter how you feel.
3. Be thankful for your rebirth. Whether you believe immediately from the heart for salvation or not, thank God for it anyway. Even if you don’t feel that you’re saved, believe that you are and act like it’s so by faith. You can’t see any changes, so you must believe without physical evidence.
4. Keep it simple! Just receive salvation! Don’t try to intellectually figure it out. Believe it and then begin using faith to receive all of the blessings that go with salvation, which are forgiveness of sins, healing, deliverance, soundness of mind, financial and general prosperity, divine guidance, safety, protection, God’s wisdom and much more.
The Salvation Prayer
“Dear God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I admit that I am not right with You, and I want to be right with You. I ask You to forgive me of all my sins. The Bible says if I confess with my mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved (Rom. 10:9). I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for saving me! In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.”
All of your personal needs and wants can be realized through your salvation as you learn about God’s blessings and receive them. They belong to you through Jesus Christ. Continue to be assured of salvation within your heart or spirit and let this change reflect your outward actions. Don’t expect physical evidence of any change. You won’t see outward physical changes in yourself, but you have become a new creature in Christ spiritually. Normally one doesn’t feel any different, even though their spirit has just been recreated through Jesus Christ.
God desires to be the center of your life, but He can’t force you to do this. You must apply His Word or scripture to your daily actions. If you’re ready to make Jesus the Lord of your life, read the information above for better understanding and then use the Salvation Prayer I gave to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior!
How To Receive Assurance Of Salvation Through Jesus Christ
You must have assurance of salvation or you will never be able to enjoy it’s benefits. Think of salvation like a grand country club that offers you the ability to play whatever sport you want and receive all the support you need to become the best you can be at tennis, hand ball, golf or whatever your favorite sports are. You apply for membership and you’re notified that you have been accepted and that your membership has been paid by the friend who suggested your membership.
You drive to the club but you just look through the closed gates because you’re not really sure that you’re good enough to get in or that your friend really paid your fee. So you never take advantage of the free gift you’ve been given. Without a place to practice your sport, you’re no longer able to improve your ability and your score.
The is how it is for Christians who find it difficult to believe they’re saved. They’re always in a state of disbelief. Rather than practicing God’s Word by living their salvation and enjoying success, they’re wasting their time, looking through the “gates of heaven” so to speak, wondering if they’re saved and living like the rest of the world without the benefits of God’s blessings.
Read what James 1:5-8 has to say about being in a state of uncertainty about anything:
“5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.”
Take your salvation by faith and believe with your heart that you have it. Do both of the following below to have assurance of salvation.
1. Take by faith that you’re saved and don’t question it, just live it.
2. Transition to Phase II of God’s will by studying the Bible. Allow it to transform your mind, body and soul to the will of God. In a short time you will begin to spiritually “feel” your salvation with outward evidence that you are a part of the family of God As you continue to grow in the Word of God, the Bible, you will grow closer to God. This will give you an assurance of salvation that will prevent you from ever doubting that you are saved through Jesus Christ.
(c) Assurance of Salvation by Margaret Lukasik. All Rights Reserved.
Leave Assurance Of Salvation For Home Page
The Assurance Of Salvation Study is the work of Margaret Lukasik and cannot
be copied by any means without her express written permission.