10 Christian Dating Tips With Christ At The Center
Return To Use God’s Word
So where do you begin if you’re new to dating or Christian dating in general? Based upon 2 Corinthians 6:14-15, I have 10 Christian dating tips that will be helpful to you–especially if you’re a new Christian. These tips are for all ages, based upon male and female dating and assuming that both persons believe in sex after marriage. Keep in mind that Christian dating does not include promiscuity (Hover over 1 Corinthians 6:18) .
Let God Lead The Way Dating Tips…
1. Know the right reason or reasons for asking a person out. When you know your purpose, it will be easier to express your reasons to the person. Everyone likes to know why someone chose them to date rather than someone else.
2. It’s not a good idea to say that God told you to date a person you go out with. Even if it’s true, it’s best to wait awhile before discussing God’s guidance for you. You could be wrong about what you heard if you are new to relying upon god’s guidance. You don’t want to put undo pressure on someone.
3. Make the other person feel comfortable by showing how thoughtful you are with honest compliments. However, don’t go overboard with so many compliments you make the other person feel overwhelmed or distrustful of you. Let God do His work. If things are right between you then all will work for the good of the Lord and both of you.
4. What if the person says no when you ask them for a date? Be prepared for a “yes” or a “no” answer. Tell yourself beforehand that a “no” is not personal or against you. It is actually a positive that will keep you from dating someone who is not right for you. So just be thankful instead of sad. Trust that all good things are working for you. Learn the beauty of grace in such times.
5. Practice what you would like to say to the other person. If you know anything about them, learn more about their interests and honestly speak about them with enthusiasm. But be honest! Don’t fake how you feel. Choose subjects that you can enjoy talking about.
6. Plan your date ahead of time. Either decide what you want to do or where you want to go before you ask a person on a date. At least for the first one. Otherwise you will leave a bad impression.
7. Never pressure a person to go out with you and never pressure a person to tell you why they said “no.” You could create a bad situation by your disrespect for the other person’s feelings. They may have a very personal reason for not dating anyone at this particular time.
8. Never forget about a date or change your mind without at least an explanation. Try to go if possible at least that one time. However, if you have a bad feeling about the date, call and cancel with an honest reason. Never leave a person waiting for you by not telling them that you have canceled. You wouldn’t like it, neither would anyone else.
9. Don’t be late for a date unless you can’t help it. Apprise them of your delay. Christian dating should include God’s message of kindness and respect for others.
10. Never ask a person on a date when they are with their friends or are busy doing something. Wait until the right moment or call them if possible.
I believe these 10 Christian Dating Tips will give you guidance for having a wonderful dating experience as a Christian. They should help you to maximize the time you spend with that special person.
Return To Use God’s Word
Leave 10 Christian Dating Tips For Home