How To Help Your Family Remain In Christ During The Holidays
I wanted to remind you to remain in Christ during the holidays. They can keep us so busy it seems as if there’s just not enough time to get everything done. It can be easy to get so busy, we don’t spend time in prayer or keep Christ in our day to avoid stress and keep our focus on Him.
To help you remain centered upon Christ throughout the holidays I wanted to share a few suggestions. Looking to God each day will help you avoid feeling pulled in too many directions. Prepare ahead of time to protect your holiday peace and joy by doing the following:
Make a little time in the morning and night before you go to bed to speak affirmations based upon scripture about what you have in Christ. Teach your children to do the same appropriate for their ages.
- 1. Say a prayer in the morning thanking God for blessing you throughout the day in Christ. Thank Him for keeping you and your family safe and protected. Pray about anything else you wish and for family members. Thank and praise God for His love and care for you before and after you end your prayer. This prayer and worship time will keep you close to God.
- 2. Choose 6 to 10 scriptures, personalize them and then meditate upon and speak 1 or 2 per day, rotating them often. Pick verses that claim Jesus’ peace and that will help you remain close to Jesus and your family during the holidays.
- 3. Act upon the verses you’re confessing each day throughout your daily routine and help your family do the same. Be a leader in this endeavor.
- 4. Say “no” to activities and responsibilities that are more than you can handle and that will jeopardize your family’s holiday fun and joy so that you can remain close to Christ and each other.
- 5. Help your family maintain Christ in their lives by taking time to read scripture about what Jesus’ birth and resurrection means to them.
Example of an affirmation:
Scripture – Joshua 1:8 (KJV) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Affirmation – “As I meditate in the Word and observe to follow it, God will prosper my life and bless me with good success. My days are are filled with peace and joy.”
Get started now to keep Christ at the center of your life before the holidays begin for a blessed holiday season!
-Jim and Margaret Lukasik
Leave Remain In Christ During The Holidays and Return To Homepage